Fulton County Conducts Scrap Tire Amnesty Days
May 31-June 28
Information courtesy of NPU-T neighbor Michelle Green
Fulton County residents can dispose of old tires at six collection sites countywide without paying a fee on Scrap Tire Amnesty Day(s), starting on Saturday, May 31 extending through Saturday, June 28 at select locations.
Owners of passenger cars, sports utility vehicles, passenger trucks, and motorcycles can dispose of up to five (5) tires per household between the hours of 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM at roll-off containers strategically located throughout the County. Commercial tires, farm equipment tires, and tires with rims will not be accepted under any circumstance.
The scrap tire collection project is being conducted by the Environmental Health Services Division of the Fulton County Department of Health & Wellness through a grant received from the Georgia Environmental Protection Division. Old tires are breeding grounds for the Culex quinquefasciatus mosquitoes, which are known to carry the West Nile Virus.
Without the amnesty project, residents could pay as much as $3 per tire to properly dispose of used tires at disposal or recycling centers.
The Scrap Tire Amnesty Day(s) container locations and dates of operation of are:
• City of Roswell Recycling Center, 11570 Maxwell Road, Alpharetta (May 31- June 28.)
• North Fulton Recycling Center, 470 Morgan Falls Road, Roswell (May 31 – June 28.)
• Adamsville Health Center, 3699 Bakers Ferry Road, Atlanta (May 31.)
• Victory Outreach Church, 2175 Metropolitan Parkway, Atlanta (May 31 – June 28.)
• South Fulton Recycling Center, 3225 Merck Road, College Park (May 31- June 28.)
• Palmetto Health Center, 507 Park Street, Palmetto (May 30-June1.)
For more information, call the Fulton County Department of Health and Wellness Environmental Health Services Division at (404) 730-1301 or visit http://fultoncountygahealth.org.